Meaning Behind Your Blog Name
"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down."
-Ray Bradbury
When my sister and I were little girls, our mom would would put an envelope on each of our bedroom doors on December 1. Every morning through Christmas we would awake to a new quote. I feel like this one made several appearances over the years. I've read some of Bradbury's work but nothing has resonated more with me than this quote. It reminds me of all the wonderfully exciting opportunities life presents us so long as we are willing to jump! I carry these words close to my heart as I ease into adulthood and find cliffs around every corner. WIth the love and support of family and friends, I hope my wings continue to grow throughout my whole life.
Photo
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment