Favorite movies.
I love escaping into the characters and story lines of movies. Here are just a few of my favorites:
Aforementioned When Harry Met Sally. Can't get enough of Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan flirting and fighting over years of friendship before falling in love. (Must have been what I had in mind when I was keeping Dan at bay for all those years.)
Moonstruck, starring Cher and Nicholas Cage, is all my mom's fault. But I'm hooked on the crazy Italian family and Cher's fantastic big hair! Although this is the ONLY movie I like with Nicholas Cage. Oh, and the most fantastic Olympia Dukakis is Cher's mom. Really a great movie if you haven't seen it.
Little Women. Something about countrysides with long dresses and dramatic coming of age/love stories always woos me.
How To Make An American Quilt. Every woman needs to watch this movie, especially if you're in your 20s/30s. Vibrant stories of all sorts of women in all sorts of lives all making a quilt square that represents what love is to them. Maya Angleou is genius and it stars Wynona Rider long before her crazy days.
Pretty much the entire Harry Potter series. Some are stronger than others, but the movies tell JK Rowling's stories with such vivid detail. I love feeling like I'm walking amongst Hogwarts' corridors learning about potions and fighting off evil all while having a British accent and uncanny intuition. I pretend Hermione and I are BFF :)
The Wizard of Oz. Judy Garland captivated me when I a little girl and my love affair with her has never ended. Definitely a good nostalgic movie.
The Proposal. Hysterical. Cute. Romantic. Beeeeautiful scenery. Betty White and Sandra Bullock dancing in the woods. Oh and Ryan Reynolds abs and humor :)
Runaway Bride/Pretty Woman. Separate but equal. Dreamy Richard Gere and loveable Julia Roberts...Hollywood did good.
I'm sure there are many (too many) more but these stick out in my head as the standard list of favorites. Do you have a lesser known favorite movie? We're big NetFlix people :)
Photo
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment