Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day Five

Your siblings.


My sister is (as) a rockstar, Halloween 2009.

Isn't my sister gorgeous? She is officially 1 year and 11 months older than I am, which I happily remind her of every single year on her birthday (what are sisters for?). We started life in matching dresses, got through our teenage years by dressing as differently as possible, and now we like pretty much the same thing. Chelsea is an INCREDIBLE artist. Paintings, sketches, sculptures, jewelery, and craftiness galore. For anyone who has not seen their sibling become a mother/father, it's the most incredible thing. You see your parents' influence and see your sibling morph into a parent herself. Chelsea is the best mom to Johnny and I'm excited to meet her next baby boy in January! My sister and I didn't always get along when we were growing up; in fact we kicked (she has legs as strong as a horse) and screamed too much. Regardless, we were always fiercely protective of each other and loved each other very much. I have very little memories from when I was very young but I do remember a few things. When my parents first split up, my sister, only 7 at the time, my sister stayed by side the whole first night. I also remember playing around one day in our apartment when I went to run head first into her stomach. Cleverly, Chelsea took one step to the side and I ran straight into the wall. Nice move, Chels. Now that we live so far apart, it's fun to catch up on the phone but it will be better when we can (hopefully!) live near each other. My big sister is my favorite:)

Chelsea and I with Johnny after he was born in 2006:)

1 comment:

  1. Um so first of all, thanks for choosing the most flattering pictures I have of myself. You're a real peach. ;) lol
    Thanks for saying such nice things, you're an amazing sister. I can't wait to see you when you come visit!! =)

    ReplyDelete