Tonight, I logged onto my blog and told myself to THINK LESS, ACT MORE (my newest motto...at least until tomorrow). In an effort to play catch up from my EXTREMELY long break from the blogosphere, here goes:
May-Dan finished the first year of his master's program at Juilliard! In just a few month's time, he'll have a M.M. I'm so proud of him for all the work he does.....and a little jealous that he will have a master's degree and be in the super cool post-grad club.
June-We played tourist all over the city! We went to Chelsea Market (the original Nabisco factory--we saw the sales receipt of the Oreo...be jealous), the MOMA, had Central Park picnics with friends, went to Grand Central Station and lots more that I can't remember. I'm the first to admit that I'm a home body. But when home is NYC, it's fun to get out and see all of the sights that we take for granted during our 9-5, Mon-Fri lives.
July-Dan left for his summer program at Opera North in Lebanon, New Hampshire thus starting what I called my Six Weeks of Solitude. I had a lot of time to feel my way through some good old emotional stuff (hate that word but alas, it sometimes just works) and to gain some perspective on my life. For Fourth of July I got to visit Craig in D.C.! Chrissy and Amy came to town so we of course took some priceless Theta Kite pictures in front of the Washington Monument. Seeing the fireworks over the National Mall was incredible! It was super hot and we dripped with sticky watermelon juice but it was the absolute best day with the greatest friends :)
I also got to visit HOME! It was my first time going home to Danville in 11 months! Too long but this whole thing about the East Coast being separated from the West Coast really makes flying a bit expensive. My beautiful sister was in town with my hilarious nephew, Johnny! He is getting so big and is becoming more of his own person every day! My mom taught him to say "Correcto Mundo" and "Life is a mystery to me!". Precious. I loved slipping back into a routine with him :) Truly he is my dress rehearsal for mommydom. I loved spending time with my family. Being home makes me so grateful for having grown up near extended family--something I miss very much. While I was home I got to see all of my high school girlfriends and play with our joint nephew, Daxton! He giggles. A lot. :) We threw a bridal/honeymoon shower for our dear Emily and celebrated Steph's engagement all in the same weekend!!! Such a crazy, beautiful time in the lives of all of my dearest friends. One week is never enough when it's California.
August-Craig knew I'd be lonely here in the city so he came up for a weekend to play! I can't say how nice it is to have him so close. I read a book in which a woman outlined the necessity of having both a husband and a gay husband in order to really enjoy life. AMEN. I took a long weekend and visited Dan in New Hampshire and Vermont (their program was on the border of the two states). Real New England is gorgeous; very green and bursting with patriotism. I got to see them perform La Boheme and Don Giovanni in which Dan played Don Ottavio. The operas were great and it was fun to meet all of Dan's new friends! (Though I was thankful to have a wine night with another significant other after the third night of being in the green room during their show.)
September-It's gone by extremely fast with visitors, soaking up the last bits of summer, Dan starting school, and me getting back into the grind of work. October is right around the corner and in a few weeks my Dad and Ali will be here to visit! Can't wait to show them around the city and see their reactions to the crazies to whom Dan and I have grown accustomed.
(I really hope you skimmed most of that.)
Say cheese....
Grand Central Station
MOMA-Starry, Starry Night
Play Me, I'm Yours Piano in Times Square. Everyone loved Dan's boogie woogie!
Reppin' Theta in DC
20 minutes straight of incredible fireworks!
Annual T & A Cousins Photo-Op!
Craig and I in March at the Staten Island Ferry (nothing from this summer was aesthically pleasing for blog posting purposes)
Backstage with Adam and Dan in their Boheme costumes
Friends for life :)
No comments:
Post a Comment