Last week we had our friends Matt and Jordan come from Idaho to spend a whole week with us! We saw the Statue of Liberty (a fantastic museum inside!), Ellis Island, the Top of the Rock at NBC Studios in Rockefeller Center, the Natural History Museum, and "Memphis" on Broadway--an absolutely incredible, inspiring, beautiful, fun, and emotional (it's normal to cry at the theater, right?), and lots of yummy food and drinks! It was so nice to have such fun friends in town--we love to play tourist!


This weekend, Craigy and I got to spend an entire day together! It was sooo refreshing to hang out with him and just be friends like we have been for almost five years! He's incredible and really should start a blog of his own. If you are his friend, bother him incessantly until he starts writing. We didn't get any pictures...we had too much fun sipping on our unlimited mimosas at brunch :) But it's okay because next week he'll be back!!!
....and so will my dearest Chrissy all the way from Belgium! Not to mention my sorority sister Amy and our friends Michelle and Dan!! This mini reunion is going to be amazing! Having friends visit is one of if not the best feelings in the world!
Last friday was Dan's 24th birthday!! We played with our Idahoans doing touristy things in the misty cold rain and after a warm lunch in Greenwich Village we wandered over to the original Magnolia Bakery. On our way we stumbled upon a lone cameraman and HUGH JACKMAN!!!! Gorgeousness abounded and we all stared and giggled and took phone pictures! He is seriously beautiful.

What better birthday gift to Dan than to see a major hottie. Really though, my ole Irishman is now officially in his mid-twenties. Clearly the nine months he has on me will always make him in a different OLDER age group. I'm so proud of Dan. He has been working very hard and keeping a great attitude while at Juilliard. I love having my best friend around. I'm thankful he a singer because he will oblige me by singing "girl songs" with me (a little Kelly Clarkson and Alanis Morrisette really do make a stonger man), he supports me in my crazy ideas about life, he laughs with me, and he loves me more than I could have ever asked for. (Mush alert!) The other day he told me, "You're my girl and everyone else's woman." :) Something about that struck me so profoundly. As we grow together in this life, I'll always be the girl Dan fell in love with and he'll by the boy who stole my heart. No matter our age, that will always remain the same. That's comforting on a million levels. I'm so lucky he is in my life for good.
Maybe it's the luck of the Irish :)
Gurl, so glad the sun is out for you in NYC! And YAY happy birthday to DAN! Also, I will start pestering Craig to start a blog. And, most importantly, I cant wait TO SEE YOU IN 48 HOURS. LOVE YOU LEE!
ReplyDeleteum, just got teary-eyed!!! you guys make me smile. love you & can't wait to add to your visit log in september! xo
ReplyDeleteand hugh jackman?!?!?!?!?! hate. you. so. much.