Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent

I'm not Catholic and I've never participated in the sacrificial ritual of Lent. Yet every year, friends of mine (Catholics and sinners alike) give up something for Lent! It's like a trend! Well, I'm not trendy(ask Nedda, she'll attest to my non-trendy ways), but I do want to give Lent a go! So, I'm off to learn about sacrifice, will power, and determination for the next 40 days by giving up these:

and these...


and these!



therefore, none of these...

for me!

No sweets for 40 whole days! Wish me Luck!!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I cannot believe that - You are brave! I could never last that long without the comfort of sugar and fat :) But you know that...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is INTENSE and incredibly brave. My mom gives up processed sugar sometimes and whenever she has it again it makes her feel sick so that proves how crummy it is for your body (although oh SO good). I tried to do lent once. I cut out any clothes shopping which for me at the time wassss a bit excessive and definitely unhealthy for my poor little pocket book. I made it about 30 something days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad and DanielleMay 15, 2009 at 6:04 AM

    Allison, Jessica Justin, Devin, Nishan, Natalie, Me, Madison...I am amazed you know most of them!

    So you really need to update your BLOG because I have been wondering the status on the New York trip :) Good luck on the move, they are always so stressful and anxiety full, but for the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there once was a girl named Ashley. she used to blog.

    i'm just sayin'

    hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete