Friday, February 20, 2009

Give Me the Simple Life


don't you just want to be here?


Today I just want to stay in bed and dream a while about what life would be like if this cottage was my home. I would clearly be an avid gardener who would awake early in the morning to pull weeds and trim shrubs and plant new seeds all before the midday sun. There would always be a bouquet of fresh flowers on the kitchen table.

The whole house would be filled with natural light. Curtains would only be for decoration because the view of our garden and mountains in the distance would be more beautiful than any fabric.

A piping hot cup of tea would greet all my visitors as they stopped by for lazy afternoons in the sun. We would talk of great novels, politics, our children, and our occasional nostalgia for a busier world. But then we'd hear the quiet bubbling of the river down the road and remember why we loved this beautiful cottage lifestyle.


Quotes I find inspiring for living the simple life:

Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. ~William Morris

To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment than almost anything else in the world.
~Charles Dudley Warner

Where, in your dreams, do you live your simple life?

2 comments:

  1. i will be living with you in our dream home. k thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally a pretty dream home with spacious backyard kind of dreamer. I imagine having a huge studio to do crafts and give life to old antiques while eating farm fresh eggs from the coup my children tend in the backyard. I imagine lakes and canoeing and a fire pit for general family relaxation. OH my gosh and it wouldn't complete unless I could ride my bike to a local general store to get groceries just a few blocks from the house. Learn to knit learn to embroider soak in sunshine and watch every turning leaf and every bird on the windowsill. lets make a country cottage dream town!

    ReplyDelete